5 Jan 2014

What now?


Hello Bloglets, Happy New Year to you all!

Firstly I hope you all had lots of Festive fun, I know I did. SO a New Year has begun and all people seem to be saying to me is forget last year and just get on with this year.

I want to discuss this a bit.

Don’t get me wrong, I cannot wait for life to get back to ‘normal’ this year but even though last year was a tough one I do not want to forget it. It made me stronger. It made me more ambitious to achieve my dreams. But most importantly it made me ME and as much as I wish it hadn’t happened it did and nothing I or anyone else can do will ever change that. HOWEVER although I cannot wait to get back to work, to start planning my travels and to have more adventures I am often reminded of the pain I went through last year. I have regular nightmares, I get jabbed by needles twice a month still and I see scars in the mirror everyday. It is impossible for me to simply move on with my life as though nothing happened and I think it is actually a bit unfair of people to expect me to do so.

The swing side to this is that I do not plan on letting the fact that I had cancer define my life. I have moved on and I will keep doing so but time is the best healer and really I am still undergoing active treatment so actually the nightmare is not over just yet. I am sorry if this post is a little grouchy but I always try to write honestly and this is what I am feeling at the moment. I also know that lots of other people have felt and are feeling the same way and so I thought I would just break the taboo and talk about it a little.

SO what does 2014 hold for me?
The truth is I don’t really know but what I do know is that I can’t wait to see what happens. To have a bit of spontaneity in my life rather than regular appointments etc is going to be a dream. I plan on laughing as much as possible, seeing as much of the world as possible and having as much fun as possible (the blog will be updated accordingly). I hope you can all do the same and I wish you all the best for 2014.

Love you long time. X

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.1.14

    Hi Laura, been following you for quite some time, then on nov12th 2013 I got disgnosed with breast cancer. . My 1st op was on 6th dec. Results on 18th dec said I had to go back for Lymph node removal & further wide local removal of breast tissue. . I had that op on 27th dec just over a week ago. I am slowly recovering, my arm is sore & stiff, am doing the exercises & trying to stay positive. Back for more results this coming Wednesday. If results are negative I wont need to go back for a mastectomy. I will just be told what treatment comes next, chemo etc.. your blog had been very uplifting to me, & I am so happythat you have come ththrough it all. Youare an iinspiration. You are very brave. Best wishes for the future. ADELE XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I am a year post transplant and like you said can't & wont forget the battle I was faced with. I am reminded of it with regular hospital appointments and taking tablets etc. If anything I felt the end of treatment hard, you are in this world of madness and treatment then all of a sudden boom your at hope & think about everything you have been through. I think a lot of people feel like this. I also want to travel lots, after being faced with cancer it puts your life in perspective, you don't know what is around the corner so live your life and enjoy it to the fullest. You are an inspiration & I am glad you write a blog. I feel reassurance when you post & you are an amazing woman. We should meet for a catch up in the new year. Lots of love! Happy new year xxxxx

    ReplyDelete